Weddings at The Lodge: FAQ
Looking to have your wedding at the most naturally beautiful spot? Great! Here are a few frequently asked questions:
- What time can my wedding ceremony or reception begin? Indoor spaces may be used starting at 5:00 pm Monday – Saturday, and any time on Sunday, based upon availability. Outdoor ceremonies are available at your preferred time and based upon availability.
- What does the rental fee include? Your rental fee includes the use of the room(s) and/or ceremony location during your rental time slot, a facilities employee for your event, bridal suite for preparations (for ceremony rentals), photography locations, parking, and use of the trails for all guests. The reception rental fee also includes tables, chairs, and black or white linens.
- Is there a discount for having my ceremony and reception at Bubolz? Yes! We offer a 50% discount off the ceremony price when also having your reception at the preserve.
- Do you have an approved caterer(s)? Our exclusive catering partner is The Marq by Festival Foods. Contact the caterers directly at (920) 532-4811 for pricing information. You may select the vendor of your choice for the cake/dessert.
- Who supplies the bar service? GBNP Events Inc., a subsidiary of the Bubolz Nature Preserve, supplies and services all bars. There is a minimum beverage purchase on certain rental dates. Please check with the Event Coordinator for more information. Per Wisconsin statutes: No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- How many guests may I invite? Our Great Blue Heron Hall has a maximum capacity of 240 people seated at round tables of 10, and including a head table for 10. Our Black Bear Den Auditorium has a maximum capacity of 160 people at banquet style tables of 8.
- May I have music at my event? Yes, you may hire a band or D.J. You may also use our sound system to play CDs or an electronic device.
- Where are my guests allowed to park? Guests will be provided with onsite parking at no additional cost for your event
- Is there a dance floor? The floor in both the Great Blue Heron Hall and the Black Bear Den Auditorium is a hard surface, providing a built-in dance floor.
- What forms of payment are accepted? Checks made payable to Bubolz Nature Preserve and/or GBNP Events Inc. Credit cards are accepted (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover) with an additional 3% service fee added to total invoice.
- What time can vendors arrive to set up for my reception? Your room will be available for set-up four hours prior to your scheduled start time for decorating, cake delivery, etc. All items must be removed at the end of the event to avoid additional cleaning charges. We do not permit items to be stored for days leading up to your event. We are not responsible for any items left behind.
- What does your staff take care of the day of the event? Bubolz Preserve staff maintains the facility’s cleanliness throughout the event, assists vendors with questions, controls the lighting and temperature of the building, manages the bar for the evening, clears barware, and assists with wedding ceremony procedures. We are not responsible for décor set up and takedown. We suggest a personal attendant or wedding planner to assist with these details.